Our team at Ninth East Dental, in Provo, UT uses advanced oral cancer screening technology to ensure that we diagnose oral cancer in the earliest stages and quickly begin treatment. Oral cancer can be extremely dangerous when unnoticed, but it is easily treatable if caught early in its development. Dr. Adrian Huang, Dr. Preston Huang, and Dr. Marie Peterson provide an oral cancer screening with each dental exam you receive. Please call us at 801.854.9140 for more information on oral cancer screening technology in Provo, Utah, and to make your appointment at our office.
Oral cancer includes cancers of the lips, tongue, floor of the mouth, cheeks, throat (pharynx), sinuses, and hard and soft palate. While oral cancer can usually be successfully treated when detected early, most cases of oral cancer are not detected until they have progressed into a more serious, advanced stage that is much more difficult to treat. In fact, oral cancer may be life threatening. At Ninth East Dental in Provo, UT, we are dedicated to doing all we can to detect and treat oral cancers and other abnormalities at the earliest possible stage. During your routine dental cleanings and exams at our office, our dentists and team will perform an oral cancer screening to check for the signs of oral cancer.
The following are common symptoms of oral cancer:
- A persistent sore throat or feeling that something is caught at the back of the throat
- Unexplained bleeding in the mouth
- A persistent or lasting sore on the face, neck, or mouth that bleeds easily and does not heal within two weeks
- Unexplained loss of feeling, pain, or numbness in the face, neck, or mouth
- Ear pain
Lumps, bumps, or rough spots on the gums, lips, or other parts of the mouth
- Red, white, or speckled red and white patches in the mouth
- Difficulty chewing, speaking, or swallowing
- A change in the way your teeth or dentures fit together
While our team at Ninth East Dental, in Provo, UT will perform a screening for oral cancer to check for these and other symptoms, we encourage you to contact us if you notice any of these problems or if you experience any other type of dental pain. We are committed to helping you stay in good health.