When it comes to your teeth, it’s vital to keep them in great shape so they can last for years to come. This includes keeping up your daily habit of brushing twice a day for two minutes, flossing and using mouthwash daily, and seeing your dentist twice a year. If you experience serious dental trauma, you need to see your dentist right away.
Dr. Adrian Huang and our dental associates here in Provo, Utah, want to provide you the care and treatment you need, especially when you have a chip, fracture, or knocked-out tooth. One of these can be the result of a sports-related injury, falling, or biting down on a hard food. When you’ve experienced any dental trauma, follow some of these treatment tips until you can see our team:
– Find a dental cement at a local drugstore to stop a crack from spreading or keep the tooth in place.
– Relieve pain by taking an over-the-counter pain reliever.
– An ice pack to the lips or cheek will help reduce pain and swelling.
– Rinse away germs from your mouth with warm, salt water.
– Apply gauze to a bleeding area. If it doesn’t stop after 10 minutes, see your dentist right away.
If you have a tooth knocked out of your mouth, rinse away germs and dirt, then immediately place it in a place to preserve it. This can be back in the socket, in between your gums and cheek, or placed in milk. Drugstores provide tooth preservation kits also, until you can get yourself and your tooth to the dentist.
Visit Ninth East Dental to restore your smile, especially if you have had a serious dental trauma experience. Give us a call at 801-854-9140 to schedule the next available appointment and decide what dental path is best for you.